A Weekend Stay In A Deluxe Wigwam At Humble Bee Farm In Yorkshire
Humble Bee Farm offers family friendly glamping experiences in the idyllic Yorkshire Wolds. Just a few miles away from the beautiful Yorkshire coast and seaside town of Filey, Humble Bee Farm has a range of holiday cottages, wigwams, yurts, bell tents and camping pitches surrounded by the rolling hills of the Wolds. There is loads of things to do on the farm for babies and toddlers including meeting and feeding the friendly farm animals, making new friends at the playground and taking part in the new Mini Farmer experiences! With a packed events schedule throughout the year, Humble Bee Farm is the place to go for a real family friendly glamping experience.
Humble Bee Farm Highlights
- Less than 15 minutes drive from the beach and the Victorian seaside town of Filey.
- Working farm with pigs, chickens, cows and sheep. Pop up and see the animals (including Larry the lamb!) anytime or check to see if there are any freshly laid eggs waiting for you!
- Fab playground with swings, slide and a climbing frame.
- Family friendly wash facilities including family showers and baby changing room.
- Packed programme of events including Halloween weekend, Brilliant Bonfire Weekend, family bushcraft sessions, star gazing and nature detectives. Take a look at the website for more info.
- Mini Farmer sessions during the school holidays. Join Farmer Percy to help him with some important farm tasks such as bottle feeding Larry the Lamb, collecting eggs and checking on the piglets.
Deluxe Running Water Wigwams at Humble Bee Farm
There are 2 types of wigwams at Humble Bee Farm; the Big Chief Wigwams which we stayed in last year, and the Running Water Deluxe Wigwams. Both are great for family holidays, but the Deluxe Wigwams have the added benefit of an ensuite bathroom with a shower – and best of all – a private hot tub! They also have a freeview TV, heating, toaster, microwave, kettle and fridge and a double bed and sofa bed which can be converted to a bed. Both types of wigwam sleep 4 people.
The addition of the fairy lights, BBQ, fire pit and wood fired hot tub make the experience extra special whatever time of year you decide to visit.
Reasons Why Babies And Toddlers Will Love Glamping At Humble Bee Farm
- Meeting Larry the Lamb who lives near the wigwams
- Collecting freshly laid eggs
- Making new friends in the Humble Bee Farm playground
- Taking part in one of Humble Bee Farm’s many events including Halloween weekend, Brilliant Bonfire weekend, lambing and calving weekends.
- Learning about farm life on one of Farmer Percy’s Mini Farmer sessions
- Kicking a ball around in the Humble Bee Farm playing field.
Things To Do Around Humble Bee Farm With Babies And Toddlers
- The seaside town of Filey with its famous Brigg, 5 mile long beach and promenade is just a few mins drive from Humble Bee Farm
- Hummanby Gap is just up the coast from Filey and is another great beach to explore.
- For good rock pooling, head to Filey Brigg or further up the coast to Thornwick Bay
- The mock naval warfare battle at Peasholm Park in Scarborough is a great experience if you are visiting in summer
- The historic city of York is an hour away. The National Railway Museum is great for train lovers.
- Flamborough Lighthouse – impressive lighthouse with lots of beaches and coves nearby.
- Further up the coast, Whitby is worth a visit.
- Cycling at Dalby Forest.